Re: Loop-AES, security concerns, stability of file backed loop-aes

> On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 08:27:57PM +0200, markus reichelt wrote:
> [...]
> > Then you could use rsync (over ssh) for backup. This method is quite
> > messy (setup, maintenance, ressources), but works.
>
> Since it's one(?) server and backup with pretty private info on it why not
> spend
> some time and set a proper VPN between the two?

I am not worried about the file transfer to the backup machines. I dont
fully (actually not at all) trust the backup machines. I cant restrict
physical access to these machines and I am not the only one who has root on
them. Theoretically, a secure whole disk encryption should deliver enought
security even if the image is world readable, right?

-