Loop-AES for Darwin

Jari, et. al:

	Has there ever been any consideration to getting loop-aes to be able
to work on Darwin X86 or Darwin running on MAC OS X?

	While I do know that MAC OS X has "FileVault" (which is AES-128
based), I am wondering if loop-aes could work on MAC OS X. This would
provide a common encrypted file format between MAC OS X and Linux.

	Since Darwin is also available for the X86 platform, I am thinking
that it is not necessary for someone to actually own a MAC to do the
porting.

	Recently I have been giving consideration to purchasing a MAC.
Honestly, I am sick of Winblows, and while I adore Linux, MAC OS X gives me
a UNIX variant (that I need for my consulting work) along with a mix of
commercial applications not unlike what I use under Winblows to interface
with corporations I work with.

	I have not yet fully decided to make the switch, but I am thinking
about that as I am so sick of Winblows these days. I also know that I can
run BOCHS to get any of the X86 OSes (albeit slowly) to run on the MAC as
well (or get Virtual PC).

	Any comments would be appreciated.

	Have a wonderful and blessed day.

Very Respectfully,

IT3 Stuart Blake Tener, USNR-R
Beverly Hills, California

USS CURTS / NR FFG-38 1941 (Ship Augmentation Unit)
NMCRC Long Beach, CA

Email: teners@xxxxxxxxxxx
NIPR : stuart.tener@xxxxxxxx
CNRF : tenersb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ARMY : stuart.tener@xxxxxxxxxxx

Amateur/HAM Radio Callsign: N3GWG

west coast: (310)-358-0202 P.O. Box 16043, Beverly Hills, CA 90209-2043
east coast: (215)-338-6005 P.O. Box 45859, Philadelphia, PA 19149-5859
Telecopier: (419)-715-6073 fax to email gateway via www.efax.com

JOIN THE US NAVY RESERVE, SERVE YOUR COUNTRY, AND BENEFIT FROM IT ALL.

Saturday, January 24, 2004 1:03 PM

-