Re: crypto basics

Damian Gerow wrote:

> ...  Does anyone have a link (or a document
> they can post on the web) that points to the basics of encryption? ...

Try the FAQs tutorials listed in the FreeS/WAN (IPsec encrypted tunnels
for LInux) documentation:
http://www.freeswan.org/freeswan_trees/freeswan-1.91/doc/web.html#crypto.link

There's also a glossary with many links to other glossaries:
http://www.freeswan.org/freeswan_trees/freeswan-1.91/doc/glossary.html

and a bibliography:
http://www.freeswan.org/freeswan_trees/freeswan-1.91/doc/biblio.html

All these links point to 1.91 versions of docs, which are currently the
latest version on the web. FreeS/WAN is actually at 1.94, but there are
some web site admin problems so I don't know when up to date docs will
appear on the web.
-