Re: Start crypted volumes at bootup? / LM8.1 Upgrade (make xconfig)

On Sun, Sep 30, 2001 at 03:09:48PM -0700, IT3 Stuart B. Tener, USNR-R wrote:
> Yeah, it is off topic. However, there are so many intelligent minds here, I
> figured I would give it a go.

No problem. Maybe somebody will come along who knows.

> I know to use "make menuconfig", but I have a
> customer. One who paid me to upgrade his system, and he is now asking me why
> he paid to loose functionality. I cannot give him that answer, but I may end
> up having to reduce what I charged him to upgrade his system, which I prefer
> not to do.

My philosophy, both as a consultant and an end-user, is "if it ain't
broke don't fix it." But I sure understand the temptation, since you can
upgrade so frequently and cheaply (as opposed to MS charging US$90 for
minor incremental upgrades to Windows) to stay on the cutting edge.

I guess that's why they call it "cutting edge" -- you get cut. :)

   Rob - /dev/rob0