RE: Start crypted volumes at bootup? / LM8.1 Upgrade (make xconfig)

Linux Crypto users:

        I am going to attack my Linux Mandrake 8.1 upgrade first (its partly
finished), when completed, I will attempt to then add the crypto stuff. I
just saw a thumb print identification hardware (pcmcia) from [I think]
Identicator. Has anyone had experience with this device? G-D only knows if
it is supported by Linux! But, I am at current a bit more concerned about my
W2K security, as I have other good choices for Linux.

        One addition issue:

Since having upgraded Mandrake from 8.0 to 8.1 [on my laptop / Dell], I have
the following issue (I still have a second computer to upgrade):

I am interested to find out, when I do a "make xconfig", I cannot at all see
which options are ticked off or not since having upgraded my Mandrake to
8.1. Has anyone noticed this issue? Any way it can be worked around? They
used to be lick red or blue or something check marks, now its all but
impossible to see the marks in the options on "make xconfig" windows.

The only thing visibly ticked off at the moment is mwah!

Linux-Mandrake 8.1 currently installed (FINAL, not RC1).

Very Respectfully,

Stuart Blake Tener, IT3, USNR-R, N3GWG
Beverly Hills, California
VTU 1904G (Volunteer Training Unit)
stuart@xxxxxxxxxxx
west coast: (310)-358-0202 P.O. Box 16043, Beverly Hills, CA 90209-2043
east coast: (215)-338-6005 P.O. Box 45859, Philadelphia, PA 19149-5859

Telecopier: (419)-715-6073 fax to email gateway via www.efax.com (it's
free!)

JOIN THE US NAVY RESERVE, SERVE YOUR COUNTRY, AND BENEFIT FROM IT ALL.

Sunday, September 30, 2001 2:24 PM