Re: newbie question on sha1 and md5

On Thursday 27 September 2001 15:36, zentara wrote:
<snip>
> I built them into the kernel, and they report registration on boot,
> but how do I actually use them? I know how to use the md5sum and
> sha1sum utilities that come with Suse, but what trick is there to
> using the cryptoapi versions built into a kernel?
<snip>

They're for use by in-kernel modules. They're not for use by usespace.
if you need userspace crypto, use gcrypt (and until that is stable
openssl).

Marc

--
The intensity and complexity of life, attendant upon advancing
civilization, have rendered necessary some retreat from the world, and