Unencrypting file system

Excuse me if the answer is obvious but this is one of these cases where I
cannot afford to make a mistake. I need to unencrypt a file system for the
purposes of moving it. The data on it is dynamic but I can, if need be, put
the system into single user mode to do this. The question is, what is the
best way to convert to an unencrypted file system? I'm using the 2.4.3
release.

Thanks in advance.

Sean McLinden