Re: Questions about implementation.

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, lam wai wm wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm a student who want to implement a kernel module with the
> functionality of linux/crypto.h.  I have read the program in
> the directory of testing and I try to place some code in the
> kernel module.  But when I compile the kernel module, it prompt
> me that.
>
> tester2.c:125: warning: implicit declaration of function
> `cryptoapi_init'
> tester2.c:127: warning: implicit declaration of function
> `find_cipher_by_id'

are you compiling within kernel space? i.e. is __KERNEL__ defined?

> And I've tried to look for the function of "find_cipher_by_id"
> in the source code, but I could not find it.  Would you please
> tell me where can I look for it.

it's defined in crypto.h and implemented in cryptoapi.c

btw, I'd really recommend you to take a look at
http://cryptoapi.sourceforge.net/ as well... since that branch is more
up to date...

> In the kernel module that I'm implementating, could you give
> some advices/pointers to me that I can implement the kernel
> module with the functionality of crypto.h.  Because I've stuck
> for serveral days and try to solve it, but I still have no idea
> how can I rememdy these problems.

if you want you can send me parts of your sourcecode, so I can tell you
exactly what's wrong...

--
Herbert Valerio Riedel       /    Phone: (EUROPE) +43-1-58801-18840
Email: hvr@xxxxxxxxxx       /    Finger hvr@xxxxxxx for GnuPG Public Key