Re: Those damn army brats!

> > Yes, actually, his message was perfectly MIME compliant.  Read the
> > source.
> <snip>
>
> OK, please show me the RFC that defines application/ms-tnef :-)

You might want to be silent instead of sounding foolish.

application/ms-tnef is the type of data within a segment of the MIME
message.
The message is MIME compliant -- perfectly so.  It began and ended with
proper MIME separators and defined the data types of each of the sections of
the message, including the plaintext version your mail reader should have
presented you with.  If I'm not mistaken, the ms-tnef section may have even
been
labelled as alternative content; not as an attachment.

MIME compliance has _nothing_ to do with the data inside the MIME sections
if they are properly separated and labelled.  Your complaint is likely that
his mail
reader sends a second copy of the E-mail in a non-ASCII format; properly
MIME encapsulated.  If so, that is a potentially valid complaint, but has
little to
nothing to do with its MIME compliance.

Why don't _you_ read the RFCs?
--