Those damn army brats!

List members:

	Well they were at it again! Those damn army brats "General
Problems", "Kernel Bug", and "Major Hair-Pulling" came knocking on my door.
Why you ask? Good question!

	In order to get ahead of the curve this millennium I have decided to
begin my "Y3K" (Year 3000) testing well in advance. In so doing, and since I
now run the 2.4.7 version of the kernel, I took a piece of software which I
had from the Y2K days, and re-worked it a bit. I have included the
timetravel-2.1 version (good with kernels circa 2.1 / pre year 2000), as
well as the "2.4.7" version (which I re-wrote).

	Problem is that, while the software (as far as I can see) is
properly debugged, I can not test it. Why you asked? Some silly compile flag
is not working properly and is stopping me from compiling it, and I can not
for the life of me freaking figure it out! Can anyone offer up any ideas?

	By the way, if anyone has any free time, and wants to add some code,
or suggest any ideas, I am considering to add code to read the programs from
a file /etc/datemod rather than having to do an insmod for each program
which one is doing testing for.

	Of course, I know that it may seem that this is a bit out of the
security/crypto realm, but, I suppose if someone were interesting in
defeating a time based software protection scheme, this software would also
accomplish that task. Knowing that we are all the moral people that we are,
I am just mentioning this (of course) as an exercise in theory, for
educational purposes.

Very Respectfully,

Stuart Blake Tener, IT3, USNR-R, N3GWG
Beverly Hills, California
VTU 1904G (Volunteer Training Unit)
stuart@xxxxxxxxxxx
west coast: (310)-358-0202 P.O. Box 16043, Beverly Hills, CA 90209-2043
east coast: (215)-338-6005 P.O. Box 45859, Philadelphia, PA 19149-5859

Telecopier: (419)-715-6073 fax to email gateway via www.efax.com (it's
free!)

JOIN THE US NAVY RESERVE, SERVE YOUR COUNTRY, AND BENEFIT FROM IT ALL.

Friday, July 27, 2001 9:26 PM