RE: Those damn army brats!

Mr. Glaw:

	I am now producing emails in "Plain Text" format as configured within Outlook 2000. My attachment was MIME! I don't what anyone said, but it is MIME, and I know it was, cause I have sent MIME message before and its fine. The only people whom ever have had a problem with my using Outlook are this silly email list. Everyone else I email, from people using Suns, HP, and IBM workstations doesn't moan and complain this much.

	I AM NOT CHANGING EMAIL CLIENTS!?! Every fricking user in the world is fine with Outlook except this group, well its too bad, that what I use because I am a consultant and my clients demand that they receive certain things in Rich Text and other such formats. Do I need to run to email clients? Keep to address books? Etc? No, that is not more convenient and it is not happening, so you all can wish until the sky turns green and the grass blue, but I am not changing an email client when it supports all the standards and works perfectly well.

	If you tell me what standards and things to comply with, I will try to figure out how to configure Outlook 2000 to do it. But that's it, I am not changing email clients because you don't like it. In the US we have an olde military saying, "your request will be placed in file 13" (file 13 is circular, lined with a plastic liner and is emptied usually at the end of day if you get my meaning).

	Now if you tell me how to configure my Outlook to produce a particular type of attachment which it can, and does support ALL Internet RFCs with regard to email (as well as exchange compliant email), then I will do so.

	Listen my friend, I don't run elm anymore, I use a different client, if you don't like the way Outlook 2000 works, you really have two choices. The first is sending a letter to Mr. Bill, and tell him what you think he needs to change in the product. The other (which I have no time to do) is to get Office Development Package, and write a template which places my signature file at the bottom after the reply to email, places little "> " in front of the email, and formats it the way you like. This can be done with the Office Development Package, so if it upsets you that much, there is your answer! Let me know when you have debugged the template and VB script code, send me a zip file with installation instructions, and I'll use it. I am an easy going guy, as long as you don't expect me to do anything which will inconvenience myself for your preference. If you want to write me that stuff, I'd love to go back to sending email "the olde way". But my email client currently doesn't do it.

Very Respectfully,

Stuart Blake Tener, IT3, USNR-R, N3GWG
Beverly Hills, California
VTU 1904G (Volunteer Training Unit)
stuart@xxxxxxxxxxx
west coast: (310)-358-0202 P.O. Box 16043, Beverly Hills, CA 90209-2043
east coast: (215)-338-6005 P.O. Box 45859, Philadelphia, PA 19149-5859

Telecopier: (419)-715-6073 fax to email gateway via www.efax.com (it's free!)

JOIN THE US NAVY RESERVE, SERVE YOUR COUNTRY, AND BENEFIT FROM IT ALL.

Thursday, August 02, 2001 7:14 AM