Re: Those damn army brats!

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 03:06:23AM -0700, IT3 Stuart B. Tener, USNR-R wrote:
> Mr. Hollis:
>
> 	Are you saying I am in need of a patch or update? The Microsoft website
> says I am up to date. Why do you say that?

You should generally fetch up with the traditional ways in writing
an email:

- Use some email program that is known to produce standard emails:
	- The textual part should be "Text-Only", with no HTML or
	  MS Word help written.
	- Attachments should be MIME encoded (choose e.g. base64)
	- When replying to an email, *always* start your writing
	  *under* the old email. Remove all (old) parts you don't
	  replay to.
	- Keep signatures short. No more than about 3 lines
	- Keep lines short. No more than about 70 characters, then
	  press RETURN.
- Outlook generally was written as a groupware product communicating
  with a proprietary protocol to an Exchange Server. Please use a
  program written to write Emails, not Word Documents. So don't
  use Outlook for emails. Use Eudora or Netscape (if you want to
  remain at Windows). They will do the job in a better way...

MfG, JBG