Re: What patch for Red Hat Linux 7?

Thilo Mezger wrote:

<snip>
> I tried 2.2.17.10 against Red Hat's 2.2.16-22 Kernel and it fails
> in loop.c:
>
> 4 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/block/loop.c.rej
>
> I did not have the time to check what exactly goes wrong here but I'll
> try as soon as time permits...

<snip>

Now, working at innomate, you should be aware of the importance of good
failure reports. It was not clear whether you tried the patch and if
yes, whether that patch failed horribly or with trivial rejects. And up
to now I haven't seen a hint about what the reject looks like. If you
could provide that, we may help you better.

Marc