From: "Allan Latham" <alatham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Louis Lam" <lsauchun@xxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: <linux-crypto@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ppdd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [PPDD] Re: creation of working passphrase
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 17:38:33 +0100

Because the whole control block gets encrypted later with the master key.
By decrypting that part in advance of encrypting the whole block effectively
leaves it unencrypted (by the master key).

i.e. you can do the encrypt and decrypt in any order. Which function you
call decrypt and which encrypt is your choice! The one simply undoes what
the other did.

Best regards

Allan