Re: What patch for Red Hat Linux 7?

Thilo Mezger wrote:

<snip>
> has anybody tried to patch the kernel that red hat ships with
> rhl-7.0?  that should be a 2.2.16 with lotsa patches or 2.2.17-pre-X
> with lots of patches...
>
> Can someone recommend me an international kernel patch that works
> very well with this kernel?  Just asking before trying all of these
> patches myself...

<snip>

Haven't you tired patching? I'd bet that the patch applies w/o rejects.
That's because it is pretty self-contained. Yet red hat kernels are
known to sometimes introduce e.g. new parameters to central functions in
the kernel and that may make adopting the patch highly difficult. But
you need not worry until the patch fails with non-trivial rejects. Just
try the latest one (i.e. 2.2.17.10).

Marc

--
Marc Mutz <Marc@xxxxxxxx>     http://EncryptionHOWTO.sourceforge.net/
University of Bielefeld, Dep. of Mathematics / Dep. of Physics

PGP-keyID's:   0xd46ce9ab (RSA), 0x7ae55b9e (DSS/DH)