Problem booting kernel.

Hello everybody,

    I'm a newby and I'm trying to test encrypted loobpack file. So I
have to apply a patch to my kernel.

    I currently use kernel 2.2.13 (for some internals reason, I can not
upgrade to kernel 2.2.17). with patch 2.2.17.10. I've read the Linux
Encryption HOWTO from Marc Mutz (which is very well done, I think, thank
you to him) v0.2.2 from october, 4th.

(according to this howto, the latest patch should apply without rejects
to all 2.2.1x kernels, and it really does)

Once having a patched kernel, I've added the following options to my
(previously working) kernel.

# Crypto options
#
CONFIG_CRYPTO=m
CONFIG_CIPHERS=m
CONFIG_CIPHER_AES=m
# CONFIG_CIPHER_RIJNDAEL is not set

#
# AES Finalist Ciphers (128 bit blocksize)
#
CONFIG_CIPHER_TWOFISH=m
# CONFIG_CIPHER_MARS is not set
# CONFIG_CIPHER_RC6 is not set
CONFIG_CIPHER_SERPENT=m

#
# Other Ciphers submitted as AES Candidates:
#
# CONFIG_CIPHER_DFC is not set

#
# Other ciphers (64 bit blocksize)
#
CONFIG_CIPHER_BLOWFISH=m
# CONFIG_CIPHER_IDEA is not set
# CONFIG_CIPHER_RC5 is not set
CONFIG_CIPHER_DES_EDE3=m
CONFIG_CIPHER_DES=m
CONFIG_DIGEST=m
# CONFIG_DIGEST_MD5 is not set
CONFIG_DIGEST_SHA1=m

#
#
# Additional Block Devices
#
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP_USE_REL_BLOCK=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP_GEN_SEL="m"
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP_GEN=m
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP_CAST is not set
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP_FISH2 is not set
# CONFIG_CIPE is not set

I compile and install everything. But when restaring my new kernel,
after the LILO prompt, I have.

"Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel."

But nothing else, my kernel doesn't boot. As far I'm, I've not read
something about such a problem and have no idea. So, do you see
something wrong somewhere ? It will be very great if somebody could just
help me to have a booting kernel.... Thank you very much.

    Pierre