Re: linux-ipsec: freeswan .... using OpenSSL ?

> On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 01:08:37AM +0200, Gisle wrote:
> > On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Michael T. Babcock wrote:
> > > In those cases, its often smart to offer the compiling user the option
of
> > > linking against it and creating your own library to do it thats slower
as
> > > well.  ./configure --with-lib3des ... they'll have to acquire lib3des
on
> > > their own.  This is done with lots of other large packages.
> >
> > The point is to get a faster version in. I don't think the idea relying
> > on people puting there own libraries into the kernel is a particularly
> > good idea.
>
> Agreed.

My comment was to have the option available sooner than later to use
external 3DES, etc. libraries that are known to be more optimised.  This can
be replaced down the road with built-in libraries.  That said, installing
FreeS/WAN currently requires patching the kernel, etc. so why would you be
hesitant about someone who wanted to use another library for better 3DES
support?