Re: Using kerneli w/o compiling a kernel?

On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 06:54:08PM +0000, Marc Mutz wrote:

> This change breaks my blowfish crypted fs. <angst>
> Initially, I thought it was due to the restriction of blowfish to 128
> 192 and 256 bits, but after adding 160, which is what losetup uses,
> things stayed broken. I also tried loading blowish.o from i7, but that
> had unresolved dependencies on depmod -a.
> I havn't looked further into this as blowfish.c and there seems to be
> nothing unusual there.
>
> Also, when loading blowfish (or rijndael), they don't show up in
> /proc/cipher/. However, the directory is there.
>
> The issues might well be in cryptoapi.c

Expect some blow-ups from a pre-patch ;-).  I'll look at it
tomorrow. cryptoapi.c was pretty much rewritten, so yes, it is most
probably buggy.  Did the ciphers register on bootup/insmod?

astor

--
Alexander Kjeldaas                Mail:  astor@xxxxxxx
finger astor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for OpenPGP key.