Using kerneli w/o compiling a kernel?

Hi!

I've run into the problem of explaining how to make an encrypted folder
with kerneli to someone who merely survived a linux install. I kow that
the answer to the following is NO, but does someone out there know of
RPMs for the major dirtributions of both the kernel modules and the
patched mount and losetup? Is anyone willing to do this or tell me how
to? This would greatly simplify my task.

However if - as is expected - the answer to the above question is NO, is
there a way to completely module out the kerneli parts so that there is
no need to recompile the kernel. I know that everything can be compiled
as modules, but when I try this, I don't get a cryptoapi.o module. I've
selected it as being a module, but is is compiled into the kernel
nevertheless:

Q> $ cat /proc/ksyms | grep cipher
Q> c02462e8 cipher_group

Marc

--
Marc Mutz <Marc@xxxxxxxx>  http://Encryption-HOWTO.sourceforge.net/
University of Bielefeld, Dep. of Mathematics / Dep. of Physics

PGP-keyID's:   0xd46ce9ab (RSA), 0x7ae55b9e (DSS/DH)