Re: Using kerneli w/o compiling a kernel?

Alexander S A Kjeldaas wrote:

<snip>
> Could you try 2.2.17.8.pre1 available from
> ftp.*.kernel.org:/pub/linux/kernel/people/astor/v2.2/.  It includes
> quite a few other changes as well.  For example, DEFINE_CIPHER et.al
> is gone.
<snip>

This change breaks my blowfish crypted fs. <angst>
Initially, I thought it was due to the restriction of blowfish to 128
192 and 256 bits, but after adding 160, which is what losetup uses,
things stayed broken. I also tried loading blowish.o from i7, but that
had unresolved dependencies on depmod -a.
I havn't looked further into this as blowfish.c and there seems to be
nothing unusual there.

Also, when loading blowfish (or rijndael), they don't show up in
/proc/cipher/. However, the directory is there.

The issues might well be in cryptoapi.c

Marc

PS: Now that I need a devel machine, 50% of your laptops are broken :-(

--
Marc Mutz <Marc@xxxxxxxx>     http://EncryptionHOWTO.sourceforge.net/
University of Bielefeld, Dep. of Mathematics / Dep. of Physics

PGP-keyID's:   0xd46ce9ab (RSA), 0x7ae55b9e (DSS/DH)