Re: Hardware crypto

"Michael T. Babcock" wrote:

> > Alexander S A Kjeldaas wrote:
> >
> > So you need an abstraction interface.

Oh, don't go attributing my random wibbling to
poor Alexander!

> I would be tempted to do (some of) what another company did (what's their
> name ... Microsoft?) when they implemented an acceleration layer for video /
> sound, etc.

Perhaps. Or perhaps the implementation of DRI/DRM in
the current kernel (ie for 3D acceleration) would
be a starting point.

If I yank the tdfx.o module from the active list,
OpenGL works on my machine - just goes slowly, so
this sort of thing has been thought of and implemented
already.

Neil
begin:vcard
n:Dunbar;Neil
tel;fax:+44 (0) 117 312 9901
tel;home:+44 (0) 1454 856684
tel;work:+44 (0) 117 312 9471
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Hewlett Packard Company;ISE
version:2.1
email;internet:neil_dunbar@xxxxxx
title:IT Consultant
adr;quoted-printable:;;Filton Road=0D=0AStoke Gifford;Bristol;England;BS34 6QZ;United Kingdom
x-mozilla-cpt:;-24320
fn:Neil Dunbar
end:vcard