Re: Hardware crypto

Peter van Hove wrote:

<snip>
> i was wndering if there already is support for crypto cards in the kernel and if so
> can they be used to accelerate IPsec encryption.

Lee Cremeans <leec@xxxxxxxx> is working on a driver for a crypto card
for Linux. He posted an unrelated question on lkml, but has not said
anything more about it. If it is there, I'll try and make this work for
the cryptoapi (kerneli patch). But so far, both frees/wan and (this is a
guess) the nist implementation of ipsec for linux do not use the crypto
api. The redcreek thing might be the better way for now.

Marc

--
Marc Mutz <Marc@xxxxxxxx>        http://marc.mutz.com/Encryption-HOWTO/
University of Bielefeld, Dep. of Mathematics / Dep. of Physics

PGP-keyID's:   0xd46ce9ab (RSA), 0x7ae55b9e (DSS/DH)