Re: cryptoloop / aes problem

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 08:29:15PM +0300, Jari Ruusu wrote:
> Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> > Currently I'm using patch-int and loop-hvr on top of lvm volume (couple of
> > disks glued together) with 2.4.21-pre4 kernel..
> >
> > After about a month of uptime, the mountpoint where this ext3+cryptoloop+lvm
> > thing was mounted, got stuck.
>
> I am not surprised. You are running loop-hvr.

OK.. I would have used loop-jari, but it did not apply cleanly to .21-pre4
(which was the newest kernel at the time I upgraded last time).

> > Btw. what's the preferred method nowadays? I read somewhere that
> > chipher-aes-i586 would be a lot faster.. with current solution I get
> > ~5MB/sec speeds on a P3/450.
>
> http://mail.nl.linux.org/linux-crypto/2003-06/msg00030.html
>   or
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-crypto&m=105553299408116&w=2

Thanks.

Is loop-aes compatible with the patch-int+loop-hvr crypted fs ?

It's a little difficult to move all the data to some temp-hdd and then to
new crypto-fs ..

-- Pasi Kärkkäinen

                                   ^
                                .     .