cryptoloop / aes problem

Hello!

Currently I'm using patch-int and loop-hvr on top of lvm volume (couple of
disks glued together) with 2.4.21-pre4 kernel..

After about a month of uptime, the mountpoint where this ext3+cryptoloop+lvm
thing was mounted, got stuck.

You could "ls" on the top dir of the mountpoint, but everywhere else "ls" would freeze.

All attempts to create a new dir or file got stuck.. the processes froze and you
could not kill them. You couldn't read the files either.

The system load was rising all the time (when the loads where like 60 I decided to reboot).

You could not umount the filesystem, or kill the processes accessing the fs.

Well, now I have again 29 days of uptime, so I think it might explode again
soon :)

Are there any known problems with this cryptoloop-solution? I'm using AES as
the cipher.

Well anyway I'm going to upgrade to 2.4.21 if/when the mountpoint freezees..

Btw. what's the preferred method nowadays? I read somewhere that
chipher-aes-i586 would be a lot faster.. with current solution I get
~5MB/sec speeds on a P3/450.

Should I be using cryptoapi or something else?
Are they compatible with the current patch-int+loop-hvr solution?

Thanks!

-- Pasi Kärkkäinen

                                   ^
                                .     .