Re: invalid argument in 2.4.18

Thanx Jari,
the Problem is solved. It was both

> Jari Ruusu wrote:
> >Can you verify that you have
> >
> > CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=n
> > CONFIG_KMOD=y
> >
> > set in your kernel config.
> >
> > Your loop-AES loop.o module seems to not load automatically. This can be
> > result of having loop built-in on your kernel or that module autoloading
> is
> > disabled. If above settings are not like that, you have to reconfigure
> and
> > recompile new kernel, and boot that new kernel.

CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP set on y. I Thought i had changed it. But obviously i
hadn't.

> Correction: Your running kernel was built on Wed Mar 27 13:57:05 UTC 2002.
> You are running wrong kernel, not the one loop.o module was compiled for.

And i didn't do make install. Well, it was the first time for me to compile
the kernel. Thus i didn't quite know all the steps. Anyway, this helped me a
lot to understand how it all works. Anyway, maybe it also helped you to
understand the problems linux-newbies meet, when they encounter loop-aes.
None the less, it works now, and i'm happy. Thanx!

Bea

-