RE: loop-AES vs cryptoloop

Boyd Waters wrote:

>I am not certain, but I do not think you can perform in-place encryption
>of your data.

>In any event, I would STRONGLY encourage you to purchase that disk and
>do the backup before attempting to experiment with block-level encryption!

Thanks! ;) Maybe I will. Just as a pointer:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=31363&highlight=loopaes&sid=cb3aa22
f67e11a2379b78dc95db5fe59

This little dude (13 years younger than me!) is doing encryption of his root
file system after an install. So it's supposed to work I gather.

Think I will give it a whirl on a test system. Thanks so far!

-stian

-