Re: Problems with migration from SuSE's loop_twofish to loop-AES

Waldemar la Tendresse wrote:
> Well, what should I say, it works perfectly with the patch. But this way
> on can not use losetup, one has to do it the mount-way. But that is
> no problem for me, I just wanna access the data. And probably it's easy
> to patch losetup accordingly, I didn't have any look yet.

lomount.o is linked to both losetup and mount binaries, so losetup should
work equally well as mount.

SUMMARY TO LINUX-CRYPTO ARCHIVES:
Waldemar la Tendresse's problems mounting SuSE loop_fish2 encrypted
partition with loop-AES+ciphers packages were indeed caused by buggy code
and even more buggy README instructions. If someone needs to be blamed for
them, blame me, I am guilty.

Problem was that SuSE twofish encrypts loop devices with unusual 160 bit key
length, and there was no clean way to set up loop with that key length and
also setting cipher module to SuSE compatible mode. That silly one line
patch that I posted here on Thursday 16 Jan 2003 21:46:03 +0200 fixed that
incompatibility.

New version of util-linux patch (with twofish160 fix included) here:
http://loop-aes.sourceforge.net/updates/2003-01-18/loop-AES/util-linux-2.11y.diff.bz2
http://loop-aes.sourceforge.net/updates/2003-01-18/loop-AES/util-linux-2.11y.diff.bz2.sign

And updated ciphers-README file here:
http://loop-aes.sourceforge.net/updates/2003-01-18/ciphers/README.bz2