loop device memory usage

hi i'm using loop-aes with aes128 mostly, I would like to know how we can calculate the memory usage the loop device needs for a specific amount of data to encrypt. jari mentioned when he talked about swap encryption that when the machine needs to swap it tries to free memory by it, but to encrypt the swap we need memory, and bingo :) well, how can we calculate that need or how does it work?
regards,
greg

-
Linux-crypto: cryptography in and on the Linux system
Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/linux-crypto/