Re: patching linux utils?

On Sat, Aug 03, 2002 at 02:15:52PM +0200, pplf wrote:
> Fruhwirth Clemens wrote:
> >1. Debian's util-linux comes with support for cryptoapi right out of the
> >box
>
> Just for info, do you know if the new Debian 3 (which includes crypto)
> has cryptoapi support in his standard version (the ISOs) ?

No, not right out of the box. But there is hope :) For any i386 kernel-image
i'm going to provide override packages, which replaces loop.o with an
IV-patched loop.o, which is neccessary for cryptoapi. Further I will provide
precompiled cryptoapi-core and cryptoloop debian packages for i386.

Be patient, you should be able to apt-get cryptoapi support for woody in
about a 1-2 weeks without the need to touch any source code.

Regards, Clemens