Re: how stable is the international patch for kernel 2.4.18?

> On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Ilsa Gold wrote:
> > I use kernel version 2.4.18. No here is my question: How stable is the
> > patch for this kernel found under

i'm running cryptoapi-cryptloop on my rootfs for about two month now,
without any troubles. if debian's initrd maintainer wouldn't that
short-sighted, you'd have seen debian with neat out of the box support for
cryptoapi.

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 10:46:24AM +0200, Jochen Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i running 2.4.18 with the international kernel patch one month on my
> laptop. I've running three vmware's at a time and all have their disk on
> an encrypted filesystem. I never had trouble with my crypt-fs.

have you been trying to use vmware directly with a raw disk on /dev/loop?
vmware traps an not implemented error.. i suppose this is the result of
cryptoloop lacking an ioctl to obtain the CHS parameters. have you had more
success?

clemens

p.s.: please have a look at http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html