Re: loop-aes does not work with sector sizes != 512 byte

Panu Matilainen wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Jari Ruusu wrote:
> > OK, I found the bug. Loop driver says "I have 512 byte sectors" regardless
> > of what hard sector size of underlying device is. Don't blame me for this
> > bug, it is a genuine loop bug.
>
> ...which reminds me: Jari, any success getting your loop fixes fed to
> Marcelo & Linus for inclusion in the standard kernel? I remember seeing a
> the subject being briefly mentioned on lkml but haven't really followed up
> whether they got applied or not. Would be nice to have a working loop
> driver in the stock kernel for a change....

I posted loop driver fixes (with crypto parts removed) to Jens Axboe. LKML
and Marcelo Tosatti were CC'd but fixes were not merged, even though I made
all changes Jens asked me to do. Why they were not merged... well, your
guess is as good as mine.

Regards,
Jari Ruusu <jari.ruusu@pp.inet.fi>

-