Re: loop-aes does not work with sector sizes != 512 byte

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Jari Ruusu wrote:

> Peter Niemayer wrote:
> > dmesg says:
> >
> > sd.c:Bad block number requested I/O error: dev 08:10, sector 2
> > EXT2-fs: unable to read superblock
>
> OK, I found the bug. Loop driver says "I have 512 byte sectors" regardless
> of what hard sector size of underlying device is. Don't blame me for this
> bug, it is a genuine loop bug.

...which reminds me: Jari, any success getting your loop fixes fed to
Marcelo & Linus for inclusion in the standard kernel? I remember seeing a
the subject being briefly mentioned on lkml but haven't really followed up
whether they got applied or not. Would be nice to have a working loop
driver in the stock kernel for a change....

	- Panu -

-