Re: loop-aes does not work with sector sizes != 512 byte

Peter Niemayer wrote:
> dmesg says:
>
> sd.c:Bad block number requested I/O error: dev 08:10, sector 2
> EXT2-fs: unable to read superblock

OK, I found the bug. Loop driver says "I have 512 byte sectors" regardless
of what hard sector size of underlying device is. Don't blame me for this
bug, it is a genuine loop bug.

Anyway, I have attached new version of loop.c-2.4.diff to this mail. Just
uncompress and drop it to loop-AES-v1.6b directory, and rebuild loop.o
driver. No need to reboot, but do "rmmod loop" to remove old driver before
trying to use this new one.

Now it should work with larger than 512 byte sector media, but I haven't
tested it with 2048 byte sector media simply because I don't have any such
devices. Does this work for you?

> I tried to use that "blocksize=2048" option, but I only get another error
> message in the "dmesg", then:
>
>   EXT2-fs: Unrecognized mount option blocksize

Last time I looked, neither mount nor ext2 understands blocksize= mount
option. Man page is wrong.

Regards,
Jari Ruusu <jari.ruusu@pp.inet.fi>