Re: loop-aes does not work with sector sizes != 512 byte

Peter Niemayer wrote:
> Jari Ruusu wrote:
> > You could try to set the soft block size of both underlying device and loop
> > device in question using blockdev utility (it is part of util-linux
> > package). Something like this:
> >
> >     blockdev --setbsz 2048 /dev/sda1
> >     losetup -e AES128 /dev/loop0 /dev/sda1
> >     blockdev --setbsz 2048 /dev/loop0
> >     mount -t ext2 /dev/loop0 /mnt
>
> I tried this - and many variants just to be sure - but it doesn't help.
>
> When using --getbsz to ask for the current block size, the correct
> value (2048) is returned (for both the loop and the block device).
> "mount" fails nevertheless...
>
> Ok, so what's the next thing to try? :-)

You could post exact commands (and their output) that you used to create and
mount your encrypted fs. And since the mount command is the one that fails,
strace the mount process like this:

    strace -i -o tempname1 /bin/mount -t ext2 /dev/loop0 /mnt

and post tempname1 contents, BUT MASK YOUR PASSWORD WITH XXXXX BEFORE
POSTING.

Regards,
Jari Ruusu <jari.ruusu@pp.inet.fi>

-