[loop-aes] how to encrypt a block device

Hi,

I came to the idea to encrypt my /home dir,
which is on a separate filesystem. I already
had a data dir encrypted with loop-aes and
expirienced no problems with it. The procedure
of copying the whole /home structure to some
backup place, setting up the encrypted fs, and
copying it back didn't osunt very pleasent to
me.

I thought, why not encrypt a block device by
block. Why not create a loop device on top of
my file system and copy block by block from
the real device onto the loop device.

I tried this with a floppy and the result
seems very strange to me. I can mount the
resulting loop device, but the files are missing

Can anyone of you please explain what happens
here? I have attached the exact procedure.

Regards,
Jim

Ihre E-Mail noch individueller? - http://domains.yahoo.de