Re: Loop-AES keep freezing

Tim Renner wrote:
> I've tried having swap on, or swap off, and two kernels, 2.4.3 and
> 2.4.14 with loop-AES version 1.5b
>
> It seems to happen when I have a high I/O load involving an encrypted,
> loop-mounted file...
>
> Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

Avoid file backed loops on 2.4 kernels. Only device backed (partition
backed) loops have all the bugs fixed so that deadlocks are avoided. File
backed loop deadlocks are not loop-AES specific, just kernel 2.4/2.5
specific.

Maybe you should try a more recent kernel as well... my simple testing
showed that _all_ 2.4 kernels prior to 2.4.17 were unstable under load.

Regards,
Jari Ruusu <jari.ruusu@pp.inet.fi>
-