Re: journaling file systems

> I wonder if having a similar method be usable for the linux kernel?
> After all, we already have systems in place for stuff like
> timezones, etc, which is country dependant. Why not encryption
> strengths based upon "jurisdiction policy files"?

Possible in theory, but since the kernel is open source, circumventing
this restriction would just require a tiny patch and a recompile. The
JDK jurisdiction policy works only because all the JARs which the JCE
package consists of are required to be signed by Sun, _and you can't
simply take out the signature checking routines_.

Olaf

-