journaling file systems

thx jaari for yar answer to my previous mail.

Device backed loop device can be used with journaling
file
systems as device backed loops guarantee that writes reach disk platters
in
order required by journaling file system (write caching must be disabled
on
the disk drive, of course).
that is what I read in the readme of loop-AES. I presume device backed loop
device means that the entire device or partition is on the loop device, and
it does not reside in a file. what's up with this write caching thingie. I
cant make a reiserfs filesystem on an encrypted device if I dont disable
write caching? what will be the effect if I dont disable it?

other question: if I remember I read something that there are ways to
compile loop aes to the kernel. is there a way to compile the new
twofish/blowfish/serpent modules to the kernel as well?
regards,
greg

-