Upgrading from 2.2.20 int'l crypto

Hi! I use the international crypto patch on 2.2.20, with relative block
numbers enabled. The crypto was done through losetup, not mount. (I think
it's cleaner, because then you can access it raw for debug, defrag, etc).

Can I just grab 2.4.17 and the crypto patch (and the loop patch) and
it'll work? Do I need a new util-linux? And what does the loop patch
do?

Thanks,

Ryan M. McConahy