Godaveri

Hi,
Sorry, I suppose, I am not the first, but I have to announce: cpufreq does not support the AMD A10-7870 Godavari.

I hope you already work on the patch. I can provide you with some system info, see the P.S.

Before you begin to read the tech inforamtion, I must admit, that I am in doubt my APU overheats
hence I wanted to drop down the cpu and gpu frequency. But the motherboard UEFI (bios) does not
allow to do it even the manual says it is possible. Then I tried to use the cpufreq with the next result.

I do not request the answer. I can wait for the patch. If you need additional info, drop me a note.
If it can help you, I can arrange the ssh portforwarding to my system.

Thanks, Jan

P.S. Some info:

# uname -a  :Linux ... 4.9.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.6-3 (2017-01-28) x86_64 GNU/Linux
# cat /etc/debian_version    : 9.0

# cpufreq-info
cpufrequtils 008: cpufreq-info (C) Dominik Brodowski 2004-2009
Chyby v programu prosím hlaste na cpufreq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (anglicky).
Chyby v překladu prosím hlaste na kavol@xxxxxxxxx (česky ;-)
analyzuji CPU 0:
                 pro tento CPU není aktivní žádný známý ovladač cpufreq
(analyze of CPU 0:
                 for this CPU no active driver cpufreq not known)
  maximum transition latency: 4294.55 ms.
analyzuji CPU 1:
  pro tento CPU není aktivní žádný známý ovladač cpufreq
  maximum transition latency: 4294.55 ms.
analyzuji CPU 2:
  pro tento CPU není aktivní žádný známý ovladač cpufreq
  maximum transition latency: 4294.55 ms.
analyzuji CPU 3:
  pro tento CPU není aktivní žádný známý ovladač cpufreq
  maximum transition latency: 4294.55 ms.

# lscpu
Architektura:          x86_64
Operační režim(y) CPU:32-bit, 64-bit
Pořadí bajtů:       Little Endian
Počet CPU:            4
Seznam zapnutých CPU: 0-3
Vláken na jádro:     1
Jader na patici:       4
Patic:                 1
Uzly NUMA:             1
ID výrobce:           AuthenticAMD
Rodina CPU:            21
Model:                 56
Název modelu:         AMD A10-7870K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G
Stepping:              1
CPU MHz:               3892.971
BogoMIPS:              7785.94
Virtualizace:          AMD-V
L1d keš:              16K
L1i keš:              96K
L2 keš:               2048K
CPU NUMA uzlu 0:       0-3
Příznaky:            fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc rep_good nopl nonstop_tsc extd_apicid aperfmperf eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq monitor ssse3 fma cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt aes xsave avx f16c lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs xop skinit wdt lwp fma4 tce nodeid_msr tbm topoext perfctr_core perfctr_nb bpext ptsc cpb hw_pstate vmmcall fsgsbase bmi1 xsaveopt arat npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save tsc_scale vmcb_clean flushbyasid decodeassists pausefilter pfthreshold overflow_recov

# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0-3
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 21
model           : 56
model name      : AMD A10-7870K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G
stepping        : 1
microcode       : 0x6003106
cpu MHz         : 3892.971
cache size      : 2048 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 4
core id         : 3
cpu cores       : 4
apicid          : 19
initial apicid  : 3
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 13
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc rep_good nopl nonstop_tsc extd_apicid aperfmperf eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq monitor ssse3 fma cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt aes xsave avx f16c lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs xop skinit wdt lwp fma4 tce nodeid_msr tbm topoext perfctr_core perfctr_nb bpext ptsc cpb hw_pstate vmmcall fsgsbase bmi1 xsaveopt arat npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save tsc_scale vmcb_clean flushbyasid decodeassists pausefilter pfthreshold overflow_recov
bugs            : fxsave_leak sysret_ss_attrs null_seg
bogomips        : 7785.51
TLB size        : 1536 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: ts ttp tm 100mhzsteps hwpstate cpb eff_freq_ro [13]

# dmidecode -t baseboard
# dmidecode 3.0
Getting SMBIOS data from sysfs.
SMBIOS 2.7 present.

Handle 0x0002, DMI type 2, 15 bytes
Base Board Information
        Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
        Product Name: F2A88XM-D3HP
        Version: x.x
        Serial Number: To be filled by O.E.M.
        Asset Tag: To be filled by O.E.M.
        Features:
                Board is a hosting board
                Board is replaceable
        Location In Chassis: To be filled by O.E.M.
        Chassis Handle: 0x0003
        Type: Motherboard
        Contained Object Handles: 0

Handle 0x0020, DMI type 10, 6 bytes
On Board Device Information
        Type: Video

Handle 0x002E, DMI type 41, 11 bytes
Onboard Device
        Reference Designation:  Onboard LAN
        Type: Ethernet
        Type Instance: 1
        Bus Address: 0000:00:19.0

# dmidecode -t bios
# dmidecode 3.0
Getting SMBIOS data from sysfs.
SMBIOS 2.7 present.

Handle 0x0000, DMI type 0, 24 bytes
BIOS Information
        Vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
        Version: F2
        Release Date: 12/24/2015
        Address: 0xF0000
        Runtime Size: 64 kB
        ROM Size: 8192 kB
        Characteristics:
                PCI is supported
                BIOS is upgradeable
                BIOS shadowing is allowed
                Boot from CD is supported
                Selectable boot is supported
                BIOS ROM is socketed
                EDD is supported
                5.25"/1.2 MB floppy services are supported (int 13h)
                3.5"/720 kB floppy services are supported (int 13h)
                3.5"/2.88 MB floppy services are supported (int 13h)
                Print screen service is supported (int 5h)
                8042 keyboard services are supported (int 9h)
                Serial services are supported (int 14h)
                Printer services are supported (int 17h)
                ACPI is supported
                USB legacy is supported
                BIOS boot specification is supported
                Targeted content distribution is supported
                UEFI is supported
        BIOS Revision: 4.6

Handle 0x003A, DMI type 13, 22 bytes
BIOS Language Information
        Language Description Format: Long
        Installable Languages: 7
                en|US|iso8859-1
                de|DE|iso8859-1
                ru|RU|iso8859-5
                ko|KR|unicode
                ja|JP|unicode
                zh|CS|unicode
                zh|CT|unicode
        Currently Installed Language: en|US|iso8859-1