Re: asus p7p55d-i5-750 freeze/reboots with speedstepping/turboboost

On 12/17/2009 01:00 AM, comsublant@xxxxxxx wrote:
> i want to report the above mentioned. This happens with my own built
> 2.6.32, 2.6.32.1 and with the stock slackware64 2.6.29.6 kernels. It
> runs pretty well in the first place, even though its hard to tell if
> turboboost steps in or not. I can work, play games, whatever, but:
> In the moment i do a "make", whatever you want to build, the system
> freezes completely or just reboots after a few instructions.
But it takes some time until it freezes?
Possibly it's overheating?
You might want to monitor the temperature (sensors or
/proc/acpi/thermal_zone/temperature) or limit the max frequency:
for x in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq;do
     echo xy >$x
done
Just one possibility...

   Thomas