asus p7p55d-i5-750 freeze/reboots with speedstepping/turboboost

i want to report the above mentioned.
This happens with my own built 2.6.32, 2.6.32.1 and with the stock
slackware64 2.6.29.6 kernels.
It runs pretty well in the first place, even though its hard to
tell if turboboost steps in or not.
I can work, play games, whatever, but:
In the moment i do a "make", whatever you want to build, the
system freezes completely or just reboots after a few instructions.
No sysrq possible, don't have any additional information.
This asus board has the latest firmware, i did intense memory checks.
In the bios i have intel speedstepping, intel turboboost, c-states
enabled. Happens too with disabled turboboost.
Cpufreq is compiled into the kernel, default governor is ondemand.
In the stock slackware kernel, which fails as well with this, its
built as modules.
Is it just that my cpu and or board is not compatible at this time,
or do you have some information what else i could do? Running out of
ideas.

-cteg