Re: Meaning of some objctl variables

Ulrich Windl napsal(a):
(This is a re-send of 2015-05-15, because not the subscribe actually worked)
Hello!

I've meen monitoring some corosync objctl variables to find out what's going on. I have some results, but don't really know what the variables are saying. Maybe someone can comment on those; what do they mean?:

runtime.totem.pg.mrp.srp.orf_token_rx increases about 142 per second
runtime.totem.pg.mrp.srp.memb_merge_detect_tx (and rx) increases about 2 per second
runtime.totem.pg.mrp.srp.mcast_tx increases about 40 per second
runtime.totem.pg.mrp.srp.mcast_rx increaes by only 3 per second
runtime.totem.pg.mrp.srp.token_hold_cancel_tx (and rx) increases from 1 to 5 per second
runtime.totem.pg.mrp.srp.mtt_rx_token varies from 0 to 24

I wonder whether our configuration looks sane or not, and if not which parameters to change.

You didn't send configuration. Configuration is stored in /etc/corosync/corosync.conf or /etc/cluster/cluster.conf.

But yes, increasing of rx_tx values is normal and expected.

corosync-1.4.7 of SLES11 running on a Xen paravirtualized host...

I would suggest to ask SUSE, because their version may be different then upstream one. Also this is why are you paying support to them, isn't it?

Regards,
Ulrich