Antw: Re: Meaning of some objctl variables

>>> Jan Friesse <jfriesse@xxxxxxxxxx> schrieb am 03.06.2015 um 13:44 in Nachricht
<556EE895.2040107@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Ulrich Windl napsal(a):
>> (This is a re-send of 2015-05-15, because not the subscribe actually worked)
>> Hello!
>>
>> I've meen monitoring some corosync objctl variables to find out what's going
> on. I have some results, but don't really know what the variables are saying.
> Maybe someone can comment on those; what do they mean?:
>>
>> runtime.totem.pg.mrp.srp.orf_token_rx increases about 142 per second
>> runtime.totem.pg.mrp.srp.memb_merge_detect_tx (and rx) increases about 2 per
> second
>> runtime.totem.pg.mrp.srp.mcast_tx increases about 40 per second
>> runtime.totem.pg.mrp.srp.mcast_rx increaes by only 3 per second
>> runtime.totem.pg.mrp.srp.token_hold_cancel_tx (and rx) increases from 1 to 5
> per second
>> runtime.totem.pg.mrp.srp.mtt_rx_token varies from 0 to 24
>>
>> I wonder whether our configuration looks sane or not, and if not which
> parameters to change.
>
> You didn't send configuration. Configuration is stored in
> /etc/corosync/corosync.conf or /etc/cluster/cluster.conf.

I deliberately skipped it to enforce a "blackbox view" on it.

> But yes, increasing of rx_tx values is normal and expected.

Yes, that was easy to guess even for me. But what about "token_hold_cancel_tx" and "mtt_rx_token"?

>> corosync-1.4.7 of SLES11 running on a Xen paravirtualized host...
>
> I would suggest to ask SUSE, because their version may be different then
> upstream  one. Also this is why are you paying support to them, isn't it?

I doubt they changed the fundamental meaning of the variables or the basic protocol.
Or is it a polite way of saying "I don't like to help you"?

If it calms you down: Actually I have open an issue with an odd communication issue with SLES support for weeks.

Regards,
Ulrich