Re: does Corosync support to manage/monitor service without Pacemaker?

Emre,
short answer is no, corosync cannot manage resources.

Emre He napsal(a):
> Hi,
>
> as you know, we can config pacemaker service in corosync.conf, and use
> Pacemaker for resource management, monitoring.
>
> service {
>         # Load the Pacemaker Cluster Resource Manager
>         name: pacemaker
>         ver:  1
> }
>

> my question is could Corosync support to manage/monitor resources without
> Pacemaker? and what's is the "service" definition format?
>
> for example Heartbeat v3 has the simple functionality to manage resources
> without Pacemaker (no resource monitoring). The reason I ask this question

Honestly... what is the purpose of resources without it's monitoring?

> is because we have not much resources to manage and monitor, i think we can
> eliminate the system complexity if we do not introduce Pacemaker as
> resource management.

Actually, to implement such functionality (manage resources) would lead
in same complexity as pacemaker has.

> thanks,
> Emre

Regards,