Re: Does corosync provides a votequorum plugin that is Storage-based

On 10/8/2013 11:59 AM, Xia Li wrote:
> hi
>
> With the release of corosync 2.0.0 “Needle”, Corosync support new module
> called votequorum. it seems that the old quorum device qdiskd will not be
> needed for most installations with this new system.

That´s correct. The new features should do for the most users.

> I want to know if Corosync 2.x provides a votequorum plugin that is storage-based.

There is the votequorum_qdevice_* API in votequorum that allows external
entities (like qdiskd) to provide votes to votequorum.

You can take a look at tests/testvotequorum2.c (or similar) for example.

Chrissie and Ryan will be working on a more generic, plug-in based
daemon that will consume the qdevice API and provide storage-based,
network-based (other than cluster heartbeat network) quorum information.

The API is not fully documented since there are no consumers yet and
it´s only partially tested. There are also some hardcoded limitations
due to the limited testing it received (take a look at the restrictions
in votequorum.c -> config load check section).

> and if you have an idea or even have a plan or solution for it, we are very interested
> and we'd be happy to help on it.

We don´t have any deadlines set, but the code will land in corosync.git
tree. Keep an eye there.

Fabio