Re: different expected_votes

"Fabio M. Di Nitto" <fdinitto@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> votequorum is not supported in 1.4.x series.
> You want to upgrade to corosync 2.3.x.

Do you mean it's unreliable and should not be used in 1.4, even though
it may seem to work?  I'd like to stick with stock distro (Debian
wheezy) packages if possible, but don't want to risk cluster operation.
I also use clvm, which requires OpenAIS compatibility, if I understand
it right.

To be honest, I'm a pretty confused about the differences between the
corosync/pacemaker versions, like eg. packemaker as a corosync plugin
vs. pacemaker as a standalone daemon.  I'd be grateful for information.

> expected_votes on running nodes will be automatically upgraded to 4. you
> want to make sure to update corosync.conf too to make sure that at the
> next restart the node will rejoin with the runtime value.

Fine, just what I did.  Intuitive design for the win!

> You only have to be a bit more careful when removing nodes.

This may also be needed eventually.  Where can I find some documentation
about the pitfalls?  I understand that too few votes risk STONITH, so I
really want to reduce the expected number of votes in such cases.
--
Thanks,
Feri.