Re: how is failure detection achieved in Corosync?

Alejandro Z. Tomsic napsal(a):
> I would like to know how the process of failure detection is achieved in Corosync (if any). I would like to know about the implementation details, i.e. if its done at physical, virtual machine or at application level. Does Corosync use any known failure detection mechanisms? e.g. [1][2][3][4] or any other. Where can I find this information?

Totem is based on circulating token and lost of token (so token was not
delivered for given time) is used as failure detector (so weak
detector). Corosync also implements (optionally) hearth beating.

For more informations take a look to:
https://github.com/corosync/corosync/wiki/Developers#reference-documentation

Especially
http://corosync.github.com/corosync/doc/DAAgarwal.thesis.ps.gz should