Re: How many executives can there be? Online addition/removal of executive?

Ulf,

Ulf Wendel napsal(a):
> Dear experts,
>
> I browsed parts of the documentation and wiki but missed to understand a
> basic property thus far. I understand corosync constitutes a ring of
> executive daemons with application clients connected to the executive
> daemons.
>
>  - How many executive daemons can there be?

Officially supported are 16 nodes, but success are reported for 32 and
even 64 nodes. 64 nodes is maximum (I'm really not sure exactly WHY this
limit exists)

>  - Can executive daemon be added and removed online?

Sure

> I assume the number of application clients is limited by practical
> matters only, for example, time required to reach out to all connected
> application clients shoud be considered. Clients can connect and
> disconnect without bringing the cluster down.
>
> But, what if one wants to add executives? Will this require
> reconfiguration of all other executives in the cluster, will the cluster
> go down or experience a view change only...

As long as you are using udp (multicast) nothing is needed. For udpu
(unicast), you must issue commands described in cmap_keys man page.