Re: How many executives can there be? Online addition/removal of executive?

Jan,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Am 10.04.2013 15:02, schrieb Jan Friesse:
> Ulf,
>
> Ulf Wendel napsal(a):
>> Dear experts,
>>
>> I browsed parts of the documentation and wiki but missed to understand a
>> basic property thus far. I understand corosync constitutes a ring of
>> executive daemons with application clients connected to the executive
>> daemons.
>>
>>  - How many executive daemons can there be?
>
> Officially supported are 16 nodes, but success are reported for 32 and
> even 64 nodes. 64 nodes is maximum (I'm really not sure exactly WHY this
> limit exists)

Great, that is well within the numbers I am looking for.

>>  - Can executive daemon be added and removed online?
>>

> Sure
>
>> I assume the number of application clients is limited by practical
>> matters only, for example, time required to reach out to all connected
>> application clients shoud be considered. Clients can connect and
>> disconnect without bringing the cluster down.
>>
>> But, what if one wants to add executives? Will this require
>> reconfiguration of all other executives in the cluster, will the cluster
>> go down or experience a view change only...
>>

> As long as you are using udp (multicast) nothing is needed. For udpu
> (unicast), you must issue commands described in cmap_keys man page.

Excellent!

I've had only a quick look at spread.org but it seemed to me that
spread.org required updating and deploying the config file manually. As
I understand you, config deployment is an integral part of the corosync
API and can be done at runtime.

Thanks,
Ulf